we realise the last update was some time ago and you all deserve much more! The time does really fly by but that is no excuse. We will do our best to jump-start the car and get the motor back in action, providing you all updates and progress more frequently.
A lot of you have been following this project for 4 or 5 years and we appreciate your commitment and energy into this project. We know it isn't easy for you all, eager to join and play the game, but then go weeks and weeks without any update from us. It must be frustrating.
We will try to put this right over the coming months and hit it hard once again.
To give you an update of what's been happening internally, we made a lot of progress in our coding team as the majority of the remaining problems are, code related.
We really took back the covers and dug deep into our code fixing some big game breaking problems which were only revealed in our alpha testing (a good reason why alpha testing should be done within a closed environment!). This meant we literally stopped all other development on maps and other areas, as we see those as less important and our focus must been on our core game play.
These were major problems which arose from our alpha testing.
- [Blocker] Infinite ammo in some really odd weapon states
- [Blocker] Invisible weapon in some odd weapon states
- [Blocker] Hands disappearing sometimes to the 1st person player
- [Blocker] Not possible to sell any armour items if one item was slightly damaged
- [Major] Floating weapons appearing after a player dies
- [Major] Player weapon/Arm animations going out of sync to spectators
- [Major] Some buymenu actions like "right click" not working on specific inventory items
- [Major] Spectator perspective of a players Cursor/Aiming is actually not correct
- [Major] Grenades are not correctly replicated in 3rd Person mode when thrown from 1st Person
- [HIGH] Spectator perspective of a weapon muzzle effects is not aligned properly
- [HIGH] Spectator Weapon bar not updating correctly when a player buys, drops or sells weapons
Now, the good news is, all of the Blockers are fixed but the bad news is, they took us about two months alone to complete. On the side of those fixes, here is an update of other developments on going.Issues fixed:
- server sometimes thought the bomb was planted if a player was killed on the bombspot
- players not able to pick up a bomb anywhere in the map when dropped
- it was sometimes able to get a 2nd bomb and plant both, on different bomb spots (nice trick
- Spectator view of another real player getting in a weird loop on end of round when the player survived
- The player was not properly destroyed in some cases, causing weapons to be out of sync and active when they shouldn't be. Created a whole load of problems to dropped weapons and Spectators viewing the player
- Default selected weapon is now the Pistol, was annoying always having to swap to the pistol at the beginning of the round
- The Hack and Bomb ticking sound not playing when actions were interrupted and re-started
- Laser dot not being visible to other players (replication)Changed:
- How the weapon animations and timers work to prevent out of syncs happening with sever/client communication
- How the firemode checks are implemented to stop sync errors from occurring
- Doubled the HE Grenade damage
So we will continue to fight and tackle those major and high priority tasks next!
Once those are out of the way, we will be organising further alpha test sessions and then we will get our video and capturing team back in action to bring you some awe dropping footage!
In the meantime, keep supporting, keep kicking our ass - that is what drives us :-)
All the best
Your Critical Point Team