81493 Posts in 6039 Topics- by 1942 Members - Latest Member: tembem113

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How to become a Alpha Tester?  (Read 2553 times)
o SiLV3R o

Post Quality +2/-0

Respect: +6

« on: July 01, 2013, 04:44:34 pm »

How can those Guys being interested in this Mod since Years and new one playing your Alpha?

I am interested.
!|ZdG|! Technique

Post Quality +1/-0

Respect: +12

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 04:56:41 pm »

Make noise. Get people in the game, twitter, facebook or create fan content. Help build up this community, put in some of your time and expertise, donate I don't know be creative son. You reap what you sow.
wugje

Post Quality +5/-2

CP:I is the best FPS!

Respect: +10

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:07:36 pm »

I can write on a few sites about this game (mostly Polish), but what if you still have supposedly are only invited to test people with 300 posts?

but if it is the second option of which you write and I can so get yourself to the test, let someone will know it right away where I can inform about this game. ;>

Critical Point: Incursion & Tactical Ops & StarCraft 2

I LOVE IT <3

TWITCH: www.twitch.tv/NeBu912
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/NeBuSC2
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/NeBuSC2
!|ZdG|! Technique

Post Quality +1/-0

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 08:14:12 pm »

I think it's about the level of involvement. Not so much about your 300+ posts and writing a message on a few websites. Get people to sign greenlight on steam. Use your twitter/Facebook network to reach out to other people letting them know whats up. Maybe you have some expert programming skills and you can help out the team. Perhaps you are an artist and would like to make an amazing painting. Everything helps. What doesn't help is coming of as desperate to get into the beta, littering the forum with nonsensical posts and bumping old topics.
aRny
Project Manager
Development Team

Post Quality +93/-8

Respect: +206

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »

news on greenlight, please upvote, share and get involved Smiley Help us get "Greenlit" http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/92955708/?editsuccess=1

"Mjl86": damn i went to bed 8 hours ago and i get up and proto's still here!!
o SiLV3R o

Post Quality +2/-0

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 09:46:39 am »
+2

Don't you Guys think it would be much easier to convince the Community with Quality Footage of the raw Game in Alpha State?
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't understand those Downvotes I just saw equally as you Guys do and I already voted for the greenlight Success, but who has more might convincing the Community with raw Gameplay Quality than you Guys, the Devs and Guys involved around this Game?

It would be also cool if someone of you clarifies why Steam Support is so important anyway?
Tactical Ops AOT didn't need Steam either or?

And you may not forget that you try to bring out that Game on a Valve Platform which is THE Competitor itself with their Counter Strike Franchise to your Game.

Just my few Thoughts, cause you can't expect every simple Gamer doing everything he can to support those Steamvotes as if he would be a paid Member of your Team. And to convince People you need the Power and Might to do so. You can't convince them with empty Phrases. You gotta show them something really convincing and worthwhile to vote for. That's how every Gamedeveloper and Publisher does it.

It's for sure in your Hands to convince the Community and if the Community is convinced, those Votes will come numerous like out of nowhere.

So the simple Solution would be trying to convince the Community through Footage with raw indepth Quality of your Game and whole Concept behind the Game.

Cause nobody would be so dumb downvoting a Game he is convinced and looking forward to.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:51:59 am by o SiLV3R o » Logged
aRny
Project Manager
Development Team

Post Quality +93/-8

Respect: +206

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 09:51:44 am »

Good comments Silver, out of interest - what would you expect to see from an alpha video footage? And think about the answer carefully, how do you think we should present this/ capture this? in what manner? Portraying what?

Is is a frag movie, a story? mix of both? background on the team? more personal stuff?

"Mjl86": damn i went to bed 8 hours ago and i get up and proto's still here!!
!|ZdG|! Technique

Post Quality +1/-0

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 10:13:28 am »

Good comments Silver, out of interest - what would you expect to see from an alpha video footage? And think about the answer carefully, how do you think we should present this/ capture this? in what manner? Portraying what?

Is is a frag movie, a story? mix of both? background on the team? more personal stuff?

I've got some thoughts on this, will write more later, gotta work work. This evenings jobs done :p and I will type some. Also, I'm rather interested in what your ideas are for promoting CP:I thus far besides facebook/twitter and greenlight.
o SiLV3R o

Post Quality +2/-0

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 10:24:15 am »

Personally it's a bit harder for me as Guy not being involved in the whole Gameprocess as you Guys are.

But if I think calm about what could be interesting for a huge Base, would be simply explaining the whole Concept and those Gameplay-Qualities behind the Game, cause I am a competitive CS Gamer hanging around on Community Sites as hltv.org and know a bit what the Hard Core Base at least expects from a great tactical FPS. It's like with the current Situation around CSGO from Valve. You wouldn't believe how many Guys are not pleased with this Game, cause many are thinking Valve just don't understand the whole Principles of the original CS as Guys like Gooseman (the Creator of the original CS) did.

The People have to get a Feeling what this Game (Critical Point Incursion) will be all about. They have to get a Feeling for the great Elements so far they exist, what we all hope. But that's something you Guys should now the best.

I can only say you from my point of View, that I really don't know much about the Game right now through your Informations and so do many other Guys. I mean we saw a few Pics here and there or a simple Trailer or your Hitbox Mechanics Video. The last I mentioned was a good Step in the right Direction by the way. That what you showed about the Hitbox Mechanics are exactly those things the public should know about.

What a Gamer needs getting convinced and look forward to, are indepth Informations of the important Game-Elements like Movement, Maps Explanation and Balance (something like a walk-through), Recoil-Mechanics, in-depth Weapons and Equip-Explaination in general and maybe a cool Fragmovie as the Cream on Top of the Cake and so on.

Just about everything what makes this upcoming Game shine and for the hardcore Base semi important Things like Graphics speak for themself and from what I have seen yet, the Game looks fantastic enough to be honest. You may not forget that the best is a Compromise of decent Visuals and stable Performance on the worldwide PC's. Nobody needs a Game which destroy's the Hardwarepower of the average PC completely, but also nobody needs one that looks like a Game of 1999 and from what I have seen this shouldn't be your Problem at all.

You also wouldn't have to do it with one big Video. You could split it into Parts with the most important Elements of such a tactical fast paced FPS.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

EDIT:

I am a bit outside with my Dog now, cause he needs a walk. I am back a bit later again.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:32:20 am by o SiLV3R o » Logged
o SiLV3R o

Post Quality +2/-0

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »

Just by the way. I already opened two Threads about your Game on hltv.org. I also said that you are going Alpha.
But from my Experience those Guys just don't know what to expect from this Game.
And those hltv.org Freaks are really Freaks when it comes to tactical FPS, mainly because of CS ofcourse.

CSGO in it's current State is just no satisfying enough. A huge Part of Scene almost begs for a great tactical FPS right now and if CPI nearly has the Quality of TO-AOT or if it's maybe even better, you will get the needed Base for sure.

CSGO is only played right now, because the Leagues and Events support it and that's why the Pro Scene is focused on that Game. But it's by far not a clear Ace or new Counter Strike enlightenment, cause Valve just doesn't know about da Way to do it for real.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:29:25 pm by o SiLV3R o » Logged
TOP-Proto
Project Leader and Lead Programmer
Development Team

Post Quality +109/-2

Respect: +102

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 05:57:27 pm »
+6

Silver your opinions on what FPS gamers want vs pro FPS gamers mirrors my own belief, and the belief that's over 4 years old.

Its why when i see comments like "your a <insert game> clone" and know these people do not understand CPI, the principles behind it and why this project has so much momentum from the community. They see something they believe is being hyped up when in fact there's a dire need for the type of game we are trying to create.

We do not believe we are in the same categorys as COD, Battlefield, MOH etc.

To me theres a very distinct difference between what i call Entertaining FPS and hardcore FPS.

Since the rise of entertaining fps games, the big companies behind them have understood their products flaw is the lack of longievity. They give you enough to keep you going for a year or two and push the next product in your hands, and your so desperate for what they do not give you that you snap it up on the hope that its the game you wanted it to be.

The flip side is the generation of gamers who were unlucky to never try a hardcore FPS game - we want to show them what its about, show them the difference between entertainment FPS and hardcore FPS and then want to make it competitive.

We fully 1000% (the extra 0 is not a typo) support league systems, and competitive gaming, but we will be slightly different to whats out there - we envisage some changes to the competitive formula and we are going to try them before (if we need to) slotting back into the more traditional competitive formula.

I have spent many years on this subject, studying and playing new games, enjoying them, understanding the experience, the good points, the flaws - I am obsessed with how the gamer evolves around the game, how it makes them feel, how it drives their playstyle etc.

I have spoken with alot of pro gamers and casual gamers to understand the needs of both groups of gamers, and i must admit we are pushing more to the pro gamers but trying to maintain a balance.

Ultimately our game belongs in the competitive gaming market. Its where we want to go.

If you have never sat playing a FPS with your adrenaline running high (shakes, sweats) with your eyes going dry from not blinking, meeting people and making friends (friends that last years and grow together outside of the game), if you have never experienced the thrill... the genuine "OMG THAT WAS AWESOME" feeling just for your one kill or your seriously outnumbered killstreak on low health, or overwhelming odds you vs 4 or more, or the experience of coming back from a 5 - 0 match down to willing 6-5, your clan depending on you to bring the hurt, and trusting you to have their back, tensions running high on the last match winning point.....

then you have not played a game thats reached you on a level that we are trying to achieve.
Anyone who read above who has experienced it will have had some strong feelings about their experiences. Those things you do not get from a multiplayer entertainment FPS often.

My experience of an entertainment FPS were limited joy and a whole load of frustration. Stupid gameplay mechanics like aimbotting helechoppers and instakill melee weaponry and a highly beautiful world with no gameplay to bring the emotions from the gamer to the game.

CPI in its current state does not cut it, its Alpha. We are at the stage where the guys we bring onboard will have alot to say, because alot is wrong/broken.
They will be mortified at first with some aspects and in love with others. But each person we have picked (most have been hand picked to start) have vast experience in the gaming world, with years of experience, some over 10 years experience, and most of them know what CPI is trying to bring back.

We did not arbitrarily pick a random set of people, it just so happens that those who post alot on our forums tick the boxes we want ticking for our game.

As for the information on Steam, asking people to sign up etc - We think steam is a good place for us to survive. We think the steam network offers the gamer a great set of tools and more importantly communication with other gamers (yes i'm a steam fanboy topproto if you want to add me) On top of that you will need steam to actually be part of our test team, so yes, if you don't sign up on steam you will need to for access to our test servers anyway.

We will still be supporting lan games and will not be going for any steam lobby system (at least if we do it will be secondary to dedicated servers) but steam suits us. We like the tech and the tech will be something we want to use should we get the greenlight.

Its not often i take the time to blurb in the forums of late, and i do enjoy getting into conversations with you guys, but please be constructive to anything you read that you dislike.

Another important thing about us is we listen very carefully to our community, and i personally read EVERY post. I don't have the time to reply to them all though guys! Smiley

tldr
register on steam, greenlight us.
we want to go into the competitive gaming market.
we are not cod, bf, mohaa and will never be like them - we are completely different except for the fact we are in the FPS genre.
we listen to you guys, and have changed our designs ALOT based on your feedback of our work.

you guys are super important to me and the CPI team, we cannot please everybody though but we will do what we can to make what we want and hope you guys share our vision!

Proto out.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:15:19 pm by TOP-Proto » Logged
Th120
Alpha Tester

Post Quality +15/-5

AoT: Level Designer

Respect: +20

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 06:32:36 pm »
+1

My experiences with those "entertaining fps" were like this:
I play a compelling campaign in 5 h. The multiplayer is fun, but boring after just two weeks.
After one year there is the same game with a new story (*cough* Call Of Duty)
I play the eagerly-awaited follow-up of one of my favourite games and they eliminated everything I liked (custom maps/mods, balanced weapons, a unique feeling, lan support). (BF2 -> BF3)

o SiLV3R o

Post Quality +2/-0

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
+1

That sounds absolutely awesome Proto. You feel like I do today and I absolutely agree in many Points. After reading this and if I look at your Position in this whole Process, I have no worries you Guys will be doing the right thing in the whole Process of CPI.

Thanks for your Time and this great Post Proto.
wugje

Post Quality +5/-2

CP:I is the best FPS!

Respect: +10

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 08:13:52 pm »

I think CP:I is going to be better than CSGO or CS1.6, because CS is as not dynamic game (for me). If CP:I is modeled in TO:AoT, then this game gonna be dynamic. Dynamic in FPS game is very important...

Critical Point: Incursion & Tactical Ops & StarCraft 2

I LOVE IT <3

TWITCH: www.twitch.tv/NeBu912
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/NeBuSC2
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/NeBuSC2
!|ZdG|! Technique

Post Quality +1/-0

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 08:18:46 pm »
+2

This is it Proto. What you wrote down right here, that's what people need to hear. When the time comes this game is reaching a state where it is playable for a bigger audience you will need to showcase it to all the people that are interested. The goals you guys have set for this game are insanely high, because it seems to me that of all the fps games that have been released in the last 5 years, literally none have been able to deliver the experience that you are talking about. Maybe cod4 with promod came close but it wasn't quite there yet.

If you release footage from the coming closed beta, the thing I'm most interested in to see would be simply you guys talking about the project. Just start from the beginning and talk about how you slowly started to realize this game. Simple talk about gathering a team of people that wanted to create a game with these ideals you are talking about. Talk about different aspects of the game that are already implemented and things to come. The things that are working right now and the things that still need to be polished or balanced. Future plans for the game, for building a community Tac Ops was so renowned for, plans for a competitive scene etc. Talk about how people can help you guys and what you would hope to see from the community that will form around your game.

Allow the people to get to know not only the game, but the people behind it. Help them understand your vision of this game and it's community. try to show them a glimpse of what it is that you guys are trying to accomplish. From an outside perspective, it's very hard to understand whats going on with this game, especially for people who have zero to none experience in game development. Some watch the forum and read a few posts. Maybe react to some posts and then go on their merry way thinking nothing much of it, because there is not much to see. It's one thing if you can reach people trough social media but it's another thing completely to keep their attention. One way of doing this would be to create a developer stream on Twitch.tv and broadcast maybe once a month and address different topics that are keeping you guys busy. Allow people to ask question in chat and on the forums and answer them to the best of your ability, live on stream while showing of some gameplay footage or perhaps some different aspects of your work.

Personally I think the trick is to get people involved. Challenge them while providing a platform for them to showcase the fruits of their efforts. Whether it is fanart, fragmovies or even simply having a discussion about the game with players on the forum, it all helps to get people to care for your game. Don't be afraid to show people what you guys need from us. We can, and will help if you enable people to do so. Just ask and point in the right direction. The best thing to get people involved is, of course, a hands on experience. The game needs to be ready for that though.

I running out of thoughts for the moment. Will probably write more when something comes to mind.

And thanks for that awesome post PROTO, you magnificent bastard Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: