February 22, 2014, 11:16:13 PM by aRny
As we continue working on our core gameplay here are a list of features we have since implemented in-game:
- implemented impact sounds for different surface materials (wow, these rock!!)
- implemented new round announcer notification sounds ( team rewards in a sexy female voice)
- players can now pick up money from other dead opponents
- server settings are now displayed in the welcome screen (friendly fire, FF % value, Spectator mode restrictions, team balancing etc..)
- server settings are also displayed in the multiplayer browser window, so you can see what values are set
- altered the way the 1st Person view changes when ducking. If you move whilst ducking, the camera will also bob up and down, just as it does in the 3P mode, so now you actually SEE what the player model should see.
- implemented a basic death camera, so when you are killed you see yourself fall to the floor, before other spectator rulesets take place
- we are now using the SystemSettings BUCKET system, which allows us to have pre-configured video settings, from ultra low, low, medium, high and ultra high. These are changable in-game via a drop down button.
- made our own Water volume
- implemented our PRI system to store player score, kills/deaths stats and money! So if you leave and re-join during the same map, you will keep your data.
- moved our in-game CHAT system from Canvas to Scaleform, so we can visually change how it looks and control it's usage better (still WIP!)
- implemented a bullet whizzing effect, which plays when a bulet is fired within "x" distance from you
- We are also working on various other characters in the background to keep up a steady pipeline
The team has also spent a lot of time developing our keybinding and option menus, allowing our player base to manually change various video, audio and advanced shading/lighting settings in-game without the need to tweak the config files.
This gives the player an array of choice, with 5 drop down menus ranging from from ultra low to ultra high, assisting the player in selecting pre-configured settings to help the player get started.
Some of the options we have been working on are:
ADVANCED VIDEO OPTIONS
- Anti Aliasing from 0 to 16
- Change Gore options (low to ultra high)
- Motion Blur
- Dynamic Shadows
- Particle Details
- Max Anisotropy
Alongside the more technical and visual settings we have numerous gameplay options too:
- Toggle Show FPS
- Play As Spectator
- added Auto Weapon Switching option
- added Auto Reloading Option
- Toggle "hit indicator" option
- Change the view bob value
- Change the weapon position from right to left
Not only that, we have put in a huge effort in the whole development area fixing a lot of gameplay issues, here is just a stripped down list of bugs fixed since Christmas.
[BUGS/ FALSE Positives FIXED]
- fixed glock animations
- fixed desert eagle animations
- fixed crash using Editor
- Altered gameplay rules for 1on1 (was causing an issue when someone disconnected)
- fixed armour button buying, playing sounds to everyone in the server
- fixed bug where pressing ESC in game caused a wierd sound to play
- fixed breaking glass not playing the correct sound
- fixed HUD objective icons not always showing correctly (replication)
- Footsteps and running sounds drastically changed, so you are not heard from the other side of the map!
- bots are also given an ingame ID so you can kick, ban and control them.
- fixed the in-game menu announcer slider not having any affect
- Setting and changing options in-game now saves them correctly when loading the game the next time
- fixed bug that when suiciding it would actually remove a KILL and not a Death
- fixed many accessed none issues
We are already planning to have future custom characters in CPI, which will be implemented further afield during the course of our BETA. Here is one finished in-game render for you to take a sneak preview at.
Sculpted by Diego Teran
Textured by Nakshatra “Naky" Solanki
We are eager to get your mitts on our game and go trigger happy dominating the servers, so keep on waiting - it will be worth it!